Field Operations Manager - HVAC
The Field Operations Manager will provide leadership to the operations team in Texas and be responsible for buliding a self performing arm of the business. The role will be responsible for overseeing the fulfillment process of HVAC work orders to ensure that customers' requirements are met, revenue and profit objectives are met, and operational efficiencies are achieved. Field Operations manager will also be responsible for acquiring new clients when possibel
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Supervise and manage direct reports, building self performing team based on clients and work order volume
•Oversees OPS team through involvement in job quotation and estimation. Approves estimates for scope of work, labor hours and material content, assesses profit risk of jobs, controls material and labor costs, and provides feedback to the District Manager.
• Establishes project timelines, meets with customers to communicate and coordinate project schedule. Manages projects, assigns personnel, oversees ordering of equipment and material, and assures that proper customer sign-offs are secured per JSOX requirements.
• Provides leadership and supervision to Technician Supervisors and technician team.
• Responsible for Supervisor Development and Training.
• Provides consistent interface with current customer base and establishes effective working relationships in order to identify additional selling opportunities.
• Ensures that maintenance contract commitments are fulfilled, and inspections completed on time. Collaborates with Service Coordinator on scheduling activity of technicians.
• Oversees contract renewal, escalation, and upgrades on assigned house accounts.
• Works with the technician team to generate pull-through service and repair work on existing house accounts
• Oversees technician reviews to ensure that they are completed by the Technician supervisors on-time.
• Supports technician training
Budgeting and keeping self performing arm profitable
• Provides weekly job status, revenue and warranty recovery report to DM.
• Associate's degree or equivalent from a technical/trade school with a certificate in HVAC Conditioning required, Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Comprehensive knowledge of HVAC systems, applications, and operations.
• Competitor knowledge and experience strongly preferred
• 3+ years of prior experience managing Technicians or employees a similar role required
HVAC equipment, Internet of Things (IoT) for HVAC, energy management, aftermarket service support and replacement parts, and turnkey solutions.