Apartment Maintenance Technician (01495)
Coast Property Management is looking to build a Maintenance team for our Quincy & George Washington locations. We have a position available for a reliable person to help perform the maintenance at St. Martha, Casa Kino, and Quincy Manor for a total of 122 unit apartment community We offer 401k, health benefits, paid vacation; this position is a great opportunity for someone who is honest, hard-working, and looking for longer term employment. The right candidate must be able to balance quality with speed and often work independently without much supervision.
BASIC DUTIES include, but are not limited to:
- General maintenance of resident units, common areas, and buildings.
- Prepare vacant units for move-in.
- Lawncare and landscape maintenance.
- Diagnose, repair, and/or provide direction on outside service for problems in the areas of HVAC, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, drywall, exterior structure and appliances.
- Perform and arrange scheduled preventative maintenance.
- Complete inspections and tests, and maintain logs and records reflecting results.
- Provide 24-hour emergency on call duties. 1 week on, 1 week off, rotating between 2 team members.
- Obtain bids for manager approval for a third party contractor when necessary.
- Maintains groundskeeping, parking lots, and driveways.
- Responsible for snow removal from sidewalks.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS include, but are not limited to:
- General Repairs
- Drywall Repair
- Positive Attitude
- Problem Solving
- Appropriate safety measures
- Able to operate drills, electrical tools, welder, meters, timers, hand tools, snowplow, salt/sand spreader, and all related machinery.
- Able to coordinate well with others and professionally assist others as needed.
JOB REQUIREMENTS include, but are not limited to:
- Valid driver’s license
- 2 years maintenance experience
- Provide some tools
- Pass background check & drug screening
We are looking for new team members whose core values are:
Do the Right Thing – We do what’s right even when it’s not easy and when no one is looking. We are honest and won’t compromise our integrity. We are respectful and live out the ‘golden rule’ of “do unto others as you would have done unto you”. We tell the truth and we own up to our mistakes and take it upon ourselves to correct them and learn from them. Doing the right thing builds trust and loyalty and binds the work of the team to accomplish more together than we ever could on our own.
Others-Centered – We are here to help others. We care deeply for, and are deeply committed to the success of others. We will not let our teammates down. We build others up and will not tear them down.
Professionalism – We conduct ourselves in all environments with high standards, respect, timeliness, good judgment, politeness, dignity, accountability, preparedness, and a confidence in these qualities. Even in difficult situations our words are constructive. Our work product is a quality output of our high competence.
Get it Done – Whatever it takes, we will come together to get the job done and find a solution. We compete to win in the marketplace. We never give up. We are curious – always learning. We honor our commitments. The difference between us and our competitors is the fortitude and willingness to do the hard work necessary to win.