Community Manager - RD, Tax Credit- Kodiak, AK
You are not a glory seeker, but you feel fulfilled when being supportive. At work and at home you seek harmony and are usually the first to offer a helping hand to a colleague in need. This assistance is appreciated because you are detail-oriented and precise in your work, with a strong follow-up. The mission of Affordable Housing is important to you and you are motivated to make it succeed.
Are you our next Affordable Housing Community Manager?
Your high level of extroversion makes it fun for you to hire, supervise, and motivate all on-site staff and make recommendations throughout the talent cycle to promote your team. You desire variety in your work. Maintaining the physical asset while maximizing financial returns is an exciting goal for you.
Your appreciation for rules and policies is a natural fit for ensuring staff compliance with company policies as well as the Washington State Residential Landlord & Tenant Act and all other governmental laws and regulations. You respond well to pressure, so being called upon to assist the Portfolio Manager with special projects and administrative tasks is also something you know you'd enjoy.
Our Affordable Housing Community Managers are:
Cooperative. You are a very accommodating person.
Eloquent. You are a strong and motivating communicator.
Quick. You work well under time pressure and become restless with routine things.
Focused. Work time is "serious time" for you.
Why Coast Property Management is the company for you!
We are continuing to expand and innovate as one of the top 5 largest property management companies in the Pacific Northwest. Coast Property Management has been named one of Washington’s Best Places to Work and our award-winning culture and mission of helping people live the best life possible sets us apart.
Our employees love our family atmosphere, team mentality, and the many perks of being a Coast employee. At Coast, we’re committed to each of our associates’ health, wealth, and overall well-being which is why we’ve made available a comprehensive benefits package that includes a choice of 3 different medical plans as well as access to a Health Savings Account (HSA) and a 401K.
What you'll be doing as an Affordable Housing Community Manager:
● Attend all HUD, Rural Development, and Tax Credit inspections and supervisory reviews
● Supervise leasing team, maintenance team, and on-site contract workers
● Ensure employee compliance with the Washington State Residential Landlord & Tenant Act
● Review all rental applications and lease agreements for accuracy and compliance
● Ensure buildings are up to government and environmental regulations
● Make recommendations for physical repairs, replacements and/or improvements
● Maintain inventory of all equipment and supplies
● Schedule on-call personnel and supervise any on-site emergencies that may arise
● Ensure work assignments are performed in accordance with OSHA standards
● Make recommendations to improve marketing and leasing programs
● Maintain accounting records including payroll and overtime, approving invoices for payment, and monitoring rent delinquencies, NSF procedures, and evictions
● Assist in annual budget creation and prepare monthly variance reports
● Respond to resident inquiries, complaints, and concerns promptly
● Enforce apartment community rules and regulations and provide documentation of disputes or issues
Are you qualified? (We hope so!)
This position carries supervisory responsibilities.
● Affordable certifications preferred
● College education preferred (Experience will be taken into consideration above education.)
● Previous clerical/administrative experience and experience with office computers and software
● Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to drive
● Must have reliable transportation
How to become our newest Affordable Housing Community Manager:
Apply here online and we’ll reach out to you!
Hours, Pay, & Location:
Kodiak, AK, 99615
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. Coast Property Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.