Regional Manager - Western Washington
You enjoy rising to meet challenges and have been called independent and proactive. You connect easily with others and strive to be the kind of leader who both inspires and challenges your team, while raising the bar for your organization.
Are you our next Regional Manager?
Since you desire variety in your work, maintaining a portfolio of properties and maximizing their financial returns is a motivating goal for you. Your high level of extroversion makes it fun for you to hire, lead, and motivate people and make recommendations throughout the talent cycle to develop your team.
Your appreciation for rules and policies is a natural fit for ensuring staff compliance with company policies as well as the Washington State Residential Landlord & Tenant Act and all other governmental laws and regulations. You respond well to pressure, so being called upon to meet NOI and revenue goals is something you enjoy.
Our Regional Managers are:
Venturesome. You have proven yourself to be creative and inventive.
Sociable. You communicate well and connect quickly with people.
Fast-Moving. You work fast with a strong sense of urgency.
Thorough. Your work is done accurately and on-time.
Why Coast Property Management is the company for you!
We are continuing to expand and innovate as one of the top 5 largest property management companies in the Pacific Northwest. Coast Property Management has been named one of Washington’s Best Places to Work and our award-winning culture and mission of helping people live the best life possible sets us apart.
Our employees love our family atmosphere, team mentality, and the many perks of being a Coast employee. At Coast, we’re committed to each of our associates’ health, wealth, and overall well-being which is why we’ve made available a comprehensive benefits package that includes a choice of 3 different medical plans as well as access to a Health Savings Account (HSA) and a 401K.
What you'll be doing as a Regional Manager:
- Oversee operational and financial management of 15-20 apartment communities in an assigned geographic region
- Maintain detailed knowledge of competitive properties and market knowledge of all assets in portfolio
- Assist in pitching business to prospective new clients
- Prepare annual budgets, including capital expenditure budgets, or review and authorize budgets submitted by others
- Prepare monthly owner’s reports and quarterly financial reviews
- Create value for clients through meeting NOI and revenue goals
- Ensure occupancy targets are achieved through leasing and resident retention
- Contribute to creation of and ensure execution of marketing plans for communities within assigned portfolio
- Oversee execution of proactive and timely reputation management strategies via social media – ratings, reviews, responses
- Perform regular property inspections to ensure buildings are up to government and environmental regulations
- Oversee planning and construction of tenant improvements and interior design
- Ensure operational execution yields consistently strong resident satisfaction survey results
- Actively participate in the hiring process
- Leverage a succession plan to anticipate needs and develop talent
- Manage performance issues in a timely and effective manner
- Ensure employee compliance with the Washington State Residential Landlord & Tenant Act
Are you qualified? (We hope so!)
This position carries supervisory responsibilities and some travel is required.
- College education preferred (Experience will be taken into consideration above education.)
- Institutional investor and/or 3rd party management experience required
- 5 years of supervisory Property Management experience
- 2 Years of Regional Manager or Asset Manager experience
- Industry certifications
- Proficiency with property management software platforms (preferably Yardi)
- Expertise in multiple Affordable Housing Programs, including RD, TC, HUD
- Experience with acquisition rehab projects, lease ups, and new construction
- Ability to build consensus among diverse stakeholders
- Strong financial aptitude and analytical skills
- Valid Washington state real estate license
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to drive
How to become our newest Regional Manager:
Apply here online and we’ll reach out to you!
Hours, Pay, & Location:
Pay: Range based on experience and credentials
Location: Western WA, with periodic travel to other locations
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. Coast Property Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.