ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Review and process all certifications and re-certifications for HUD, RHS and Tax Credit. This paperwork is prepared by the site managers and must be reviewed for completeness and accuracy. Confer with site managers concerning any questions or errors. When necessary, refer questions to Compliance Lead.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual compliance reporting. Keep the annual report information for all properties current throughout the year.
- Give Community Managers guidance in HUD, RHS and Section 42 Rules, Regulations and Guidelines.
- Reconcile discrepancies with Auditors and provide requested information.
- Organize records and maintain filing system for certifications, correction memos and resident files.
- Audit A/R reports for any compliance issues such as, corrected rents not reflected on tenant ledger.
- Update new property information (new income limits, rent increases and utility allowances etc.) in the software system when advised by lead.
- Maintain and award rental assistance to eligible tenants on a monthly basis.
- Oversee the receipt of annual certifications to ensure that portfolio stays in compliance.
- Process tenant move outs and disposition of security deposits.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities, however, this employee will help monitor the paperwork received by the Resident Managers and report any problems or discrepancies to the Resident Manager’s Property Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Computer Knowledge – Each of the following must be met at an intermediate level
- MS Office ’97, MS Excel ’97, MS Word ’97, MS Outlook
- 10 Key
- Multi-task oriented
- Able to prioritize assignments and meet deadlines
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Experiences with HUD, RHS and Tax Credit (with on-going educational and training in required fields)
- Prior Resident Manager Experience preferred.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS (reading, writing, typing etc.)
- Ability to compose and coordinate correspondence with Owners, outside agencies and Resident Managers.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS (if applicable)
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers and decimals. This includes the ability to calculate rents based off of verifications for income, assets and curtain expenses.
- Ability to distinguish and correct errors in rents, collection accounts and general journal reports.
REASONING ABILITIES - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs. Job requires ability to operate computer, fax machine and copier. Must hold a valid Washington State drivers license and maintain vehicle insurance. Must have capacity to travel as required.
- Will use near vision at 20 inches or less to far vision of 20 feet or more; as well as depth perception to judge distance and space relationships.
- Position requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects including the human body. Work may involve sitting for extended periods of time.
- There is a repetitive motion of wrists, hands and fingers to operate computer and keyboard as well as telephone.
- Will involve expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. These activities in which workers must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to others accurately and quickly.
· Sitting for extended periods of time;
- Bending required for file management;
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Should be able to handle heavy phone contact and be able to multi-task successfully. Must be able to handle frequent interruptions calmly and professionally.